GenJar is a specialized Ant task that builds jar files based on class dependencies
rather than simply the contents of a directory.
GenJar was originally created by John W. Kohler (jake at riggshill.com).
Work is underway on GenJar2. GenJar2 will be a functional replacement of GenJar, but build file syntax will change.
Some of the features of GenJar2 include:
- Syntax consistent with Ant's jar task
- Replacement of GenJar's <manifest> with Ant's <manifest>
- Replacement of GenJar's <resource> with with Ant's <zipfileset>
- BCEL for class dependency checking
The original GenJar branch will be maintained for as long as there is demand.
- 2003-03-06 GenJar 1.0.2 is released.
- 2003-02-23 GenJar 1.0.1 is released.
- 2002-09-30 GenJar 1.0.0 is released.
- 2002-09-26 GenJar moves to SourceForge.
- 2002-09-06 Jesse Stockall assumes stewardship of GenJar.
- Fix exception message regression introduced in 1.0.1
- com.ibm.jvm added to default exclude list
- Fix bug# 619762, META-INF directory of <library> jars is now ignored as signing information from the old jar was causing the verify to fail
- Fix bug# 686070, Handling of Windows paths in <library> was incorrect
- Fix bug# 643263, Handle uppercase classpath entries
- Fix bug# 631562, Files on classpath were not being closed properly
- Document <class>'s ability to handle <fileset>s
- Add a properties file for <taskdef>ing GenJar
0.3.3 (2002-01-13) www.riggshill.com
- First release at SourceForge.
- Allow GenJar to generate class file dependencies to disk.
- Fix a few bugs in the <resource> and <library> elements.
0.3.0 (2001-05-02) www.riggshill.com
- Several bug reports have come in in the last month:
- Absoulte jarfile paths were not handled correctly - was testing agains PATH separator instead of FILE separator - fixed
0.2.4 (2001-04-25) www.riggshill.com
- Added tag allowing insertion of entire jars or directories into the jar - new class LibrarySpec.java updated
docs to reflect new tag
- Fixed - was using a static Set to track those classes already resolved. Making this set non-static fixed the problem
0.2.3 (2001-04-23) www.riggshill.com
- Added project.baseDir to generated jar file name - bug reported by JeffPost - jars were ending up in the root dir
- Added duplicate removal - all incoming jarEntries are tested against existing list - first addition wins